Every time I'm asked which is my favorite telenovela of all times, I answer La Dueña (Venezuela, 1984). This novela was written by José Ignacio Cabrujas and Julio César Mármol. The protagonists were Amanda Gutiérrez and Daniel Alvarado.
- After a decade studying telenovelas, would I like La Dueña as much as I did in 1984?
- What weaknesses and strengths would I notice in the telenovela?
- How different is La Dueña from today's telenovelas?
- Careful character construction
- Intelligent dialogue
- Acting talent
- Coherence in the storyline
-Daniel Alvarado wasn't the typical telenovela protagonist, but that didn't matter at all. We detest his Mauricio Lofiego when he is arrogant and blindly machista. And we love him when we see him in love and humbled by his mistakes.