Oct 11, 2009

IN MY TELENOVELA CLASS: My students present I




I organize my Telenovelas class using the same theoretical tool I deploy in my research: the Circuit of Culture. Hence, the course is divided in the following sections: Representation and identity, consumption, production and regulation.

After several weeks studying representation and identity, the students wrote papers analyzing the telenovelas they were watching.

In the second part of the class, we focused on reception and consumption. In this section, students make short class presentations (10 minutes) about some aspect of the reception of their chosen telenovela. And, like the last time I taught the course, I'm going to share here visual summaries of their presentations.

Here's the first installment.


Presenter: Harper Bridgers

Topic: The reception of Sin Tetas No Hay Paraíso

Sources: IMDB, blogs and telenovela message boards








Presenter: Caroline Smith

Topic: The reception of Dame Chocolate

Sources: IMDB, social media and telenovela message boards








Presenter: Danielle Sender

Topic: The reception of Rubí

Sources: IMDB, blogs, social media and telenovela message boards







No comments: